The Be Well Hut is a Peer Health Education Outreach Program. Our team of students encourages healthy living, one button at a time! ‘The Hutters’, as they are affectionally known, lead activities and discuss topics developed around the Nine Dimensions of Wellness and are specific to college students’ lives. The Hut can be found on the Haley Concourse on Wednesdays beginning Fall of 2021!
3,825 buttons distributed in Spring 2023...so far!
Current Team Member Information and FAQs
- Be on time to your shift. If you are going to be late, notify your advisor
- Come to weekly team meetings
- Wear your name tag and BWH shirt to every shift
- Do not stand in the hut; make sure you are actively passing out buttons and engaging students
- Be sure to read over the flyer and know a quick blurb that you might say if someone asks about the buttons/week
- Play music through the speaker, but make sure it is appropriate for the hut (e.g. not explicit or derogatory)
- All Member Training Meeting at the beginning of the semester
- Weekly Team Meeting
- Weekly concourse hour (1 hour shift every week)
- Button making for your team week for at least 1 hour that week
When Can I Apply to Be on "The Hut"?
Applications open for new BeWell Hut members at the end of every semester for the following semester. Follow us on Instagram @auburn_hut for more details on applications.