Health Promotion & Wellness Services provides a wide array of evidence-based programs to address alcohol and substance use issues. Through our programs, students are able to explore how their substance use may be impacting other areas of their life in a non-judgmental and safe environment. Furthermore, students are able to learn skills to reduce their risk for substance related consequences, including negative effects on health, academic performance, and finances.
In all of our services and programs, we utilize a harm reduction approach. Through this approach, we:
- Support the choice of individuals who choose not to use alcohol and/or substances
- Recognize the risks associated with alcohol and substance use
- Share information about laws and policies related to alcohol and substances
- Encourage students to know the recommendations for use of their prescription drugs
- Facilitate conversations about how to use alcohol and substances in less risky ways